What's new

Vehicle Spawning System & Parking Lots / Garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Script Suggestion

What script function would you like to suggest?: Vehicle Spawning System & Parking Lots / Garage

How will your script function work?:

All vehicles stay spawned, no matter what, you cannot despawn a vehicle.

Parking Lots:
Parking Lots like the one near the Davis town hall or the Legion Square Parking Lots will have a system where you can park your vehicle. However,, the vehicles stay spawned. You would have to drive into a parking spot, and use the B menu or type a specific command to park the vehicle, so that the system registers the vehicle as "parked". To make parking in the lots more special than parking normally anywhere, DISABLE THE ABILITY TO USE LOCK PICKS (when it's added) for the vehicles parked in the lots as it is RPly secured by 24/7 guard. With this system, you can even add the guard job in the future when there's more players.

I would suggest to add this feature whenever the client allows you to save cosmetic damages of vehicles.

Do you have any other relevant information / examples of this feature in another server or game?:

If a player crashes or logs out with their car in the middle of the road, it’d remain there until someone with a tow truck could move it - then if it was moved you wouldn’t be able to find it.

There’s still teething problems with AltV streaming vehicles, so keeping them spawned forever would have the same problem when the server restarts.

John

Administrator
Staff member
Last I heard we are planning to eventually have cars stay spawned in permanently wherever you last park them, only despawning if the server restarts type deal.

Last I heard we are planning to eventually have cars stay spawned in permanently wherever you last park them, only despawning if the server restarts type deal.
This sounds great!

If a player crashes or logs out with their car in the middle of the road, it’d remain there until someone with a tow truck could move it - then if it was moved you wouldn’t be able to find it.

There’s still teething problems with AltV streaming vehicles, so keeping them spawned forever would have the same problem when the server restarts.
As for this, I suggest to have a script running that detects when a player has logged out or crashed. It leaves the vehicle in the road for 10 minutes before it respawns it at it's law /savecar spot; that'll negate the littering.

Kaos

Helper
Wow, I thought I replied to this. Player Owned Vehicles should only be spawned in when the player is online and on that character. Otherwise, people can damage and mess with your stuff while you are off line and have no chance to defend your property.

Bill

Founder
Staff member
Founder
We may do a trial run of this at some point in the future however it is not a major priority and would require a decent refactor of how vehicles currently spawn/save. Also as Bruh said AltV still has this weird vehicle rotation issue (I think its when people stream the car in and out it rotates a small amount) as you can notice with the FD/PD vehicles on the main server. We would definitely have to wait for that issue to be fixed before attempting this trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.