What's new

Some form of news / broadcasting system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karner

Weazel News
Script Suggestion

1. Name: Karner
2. Date: 22/05/2020

3. What script function would you like to suggest?:
Some form of broadcasting system and allowing others to speak into the receiver without them being in the same faction as the interviewer.

You could probably add the ability for people to be interviewed over the phone too!

4. How will your script function work?:
In all honesty I am unsure. I love the idea of being able to broadcast via the "global" player chat but I don't like the idea of it being cumbersome like some broadcasting systems there are in other communities. At it's base level I guess we'd need:

• Broadcasts can only be made while in the news building or in/within the vicinity of a Weazel News van. (These probably need to be removed from dealer).
  • Broadcast-able players need to be able to temporarily grant broadcast permissions via some form of "Interview" system?
  • Broadcasts need to be toggleable.
  • Broadcasts need to be done and handled professionally from a factional perspective as to not make them cumbersome or annoying as seen in other servers.
  • Perhaps Broadcasts can only be heard if you're inside a vehicle with it's engine on or if you have your Phone up and toggled?

5. Will this benefit the rest of the community?:
Simulating IC news radio is just a nicer IC way of knowing about events that are going on without needing to go out and search for the information. I plan on "LIVE" broadcasting pseudo sports events, track events, police chases if it's a high profile criminal. Relay police information to the public and so on.

6. Do you have any other relevant information?:
Other communities have this functionality and Weazel News would like an all-round BETTER implementation than these communities but I'm unsure how to make a better iteration of it myself.

People can currently by Weazel News vans. Is it possible to remove this?

Last edited:

Bob.

Board Of Trustees
You could probably add the ability for people to be interviewed over the phone too!

GreatCanadianGuy

Board Of Trustees
I think I saw this either in a future update plans post or a change log. I have a feeling this might have been a part of the major update last week.

@Daniels can you confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.