What's new

Adjustment of economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Script Suggestion

What script function would you like to suggest?: Adjusting the economy to more realistic numbers.

How will your script function work?: I think we should make paychecks pay out weekly or bi-weekly. That would make more sense, and you would not have to adjust the amount of money a player receives.I would also suggest reducing the shop princes to realistic amounts, as well as reducing the payouts for jobs such as trucking and package delivery(to double digits). The end-goal of these adjustments would be increasing the value of a single dollar, so it actually matters.

Do you have any other relevant information / examples of this feature in another server or game?:No.

GreatCanadianGuy

Administrator
Staff member
Helper
I think prices are pretty reasonable.

And I’m not going to wait for a week to buy a vehicle/property/drugs/guns etc.

I think prices are pretty reasonable.

And I’m not going to wait for a week to buy a vehicle/property/drugs/guns etc.
You can always solve this by having ''used cars'' that display worse properties than the same cars that are brand new, as well as introducing rent for housing. Drugs and illegal weapons should have prices adequately adjusted as well, so I don't see the whole ''waiting for a week'' issue.

A few of us played in a server that had a ‘realistic’ economy. It was still much easier than real life to get what you wanted, but it was calculated that it’d take days of playtime to afford even the cheapest vehicle.

I have no intention of spending days worth of time to be able to afford anything. Casual players would be completely unable to compete with those of us who are on for hours each day.

Anything regarding the economy needs to be well thought out, since it effects every single element of the server in some way - such as preventing players from being able to roleplay the characters they want to for hours, days or even weeks in the extreme.

Anything that increases the time between joining and being able to roleplay your character is a big no-no for me.

Mac

Head of Staff
Staff member
Head of Staff
Donator
The economy is adjusted daily and monitored constantly. It would cause us 300% more work to go back and adjust everything then try and iron out kinks in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.